Suicide Intervention Skills Gatekeeper Training Workshops
OVERVIEW OF TRAINING
Suicide Intervention Skills Gatekeeper Training Workshop is a 2-hour educational program that includes:
- An evidence-based suicide gatekeeper training known as QPR (Question, Persuade & Refer) designed to teach lay & professional “gatekeepers” how to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal, information about the common causes of suicidal behavior, how to identify the warning signs of suicide and how to get help for someone in crisis.
- An opportunity to practice these new skills in a safe environment,
- Group discussion about the impact suicide has on our personal lives and in our communities,
- Information about what community resources are available and which are best to use during a crisis for yourself or someone you love.
The workshop fee is $25.00 per person. Group rates are available. Contact Charlotte at email@example.com for more information.
For in-person workshops, the $25.00 registration fee includes a training booklet, wallet reference card, an interactive suicide warning signs QPR practice exercise, a packet with local (to the Denver-metro area) and national resources, handouts, articles, and other references from the workshop, a certificate of attendance, light refreshments, and a digital copy of the book Suicide: The Forever Decision by Dr. Paul G. Quinnett, founder of the QPR Institute.
For workshops held via Zoom, the $25.00 registration fee includes a printable and mobile version of the QPR booklet and reference card, an interactive practice role-play for QPR over text message, an interactive post-training self-assessment, an interactive suicide warning signs recognition practice challenge, a digital certificate of attendance, a link to the private website where you can download local (to the Denver-metro area) and national resources, handouts, articles and other references from the workshop, and a digital copy of the book Suicide: The Forever Decision by Dr. Paul G. Quinnett, founder of the QPR Institute.
Wednesdays 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm & Saturdays 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm via Zoom for the rest of the year.
Please check back if you are interested in our in-person workshops as we may add some towards the end of the year as more people become vaccinated, meeting restrictions are lifted and it becomes safer to meet in person. (This would likely be for dates in August, October, and/or December).
- Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm) – location: Zoom – Register here!
- Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm) – location: Zoom – Register here!
- Saturday, September 11th, 2021 (2:30 pm – 4:30 pm) – location: Zoom – Register here!
- Saturday, November 6th, 2021 (2:30 pm – 4:30 pm) – location: Zoom – Register here!
Contact Charlotte @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a private training session for your group/organization!
**Please double-check the registration page when registering to find out the location of your training!**
Charlotte Tankersley, B.A., Certified QPR Instructor
Find out more about Charlotte and our trained gatekeepers on our Meet the Team page!
We know that suicide is a difficult subject that has affected many of us. Your instructor is both a suicide loss survivor and an attempt survivor and understands that every individual’s experiences with suicide are unique. Great care is made to ensure that the training environment is a safe space for everyone to learn. Someone is available to provide support during the training, and Charlotte will be available to speak with you after the workshop (she is always the last one to leave), and she will also help connect you with resources to provide additional support after the training.
If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal or is in crisis: Please contact Colorado Crisis Services at 844-493-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 38255. You can also reach them at www.coloradocrisisservices.org. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or reach them online at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. For support via text, contact the Crisis Text Line by texting HOPE to 741-741, or for online text chat visit www.imalive.org. Don’t give up fighting, please reach out. Hope and help are available 24/7/365.