Suicide Intervention Skills Gatekeeper Training Workshops
OVERVIEW OF TRAINING
Suicide Intervention Skills Gatekeeper Training Workshop is a 2-hour educational program that includes:
- An evidence-based suicide gatekeeper training known as QPR (Question, Persuade & Refer) designed to teach lay & professional “gatekeepers” how to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal, information about the common causes of suicidal behavior, how to identify the warning signs of suicide and how to get help for someone in crisis.
- An opportunity to practice these new skills in a safe environment,
- Group discussion about the impact suicide has on our personal lives and in our communities,
- Information about what community resources are available and which are best to use during a crisis for yourself or someone you love.
$25.00 registration fee includes a training booklet, wallet reference card, packet with local resources, certificate of attendance (if desired), light refreshments, and a digital copy of the book Suicide: The Forever Decision by Dr. Paul G. Quinnett, founder of the QPR Institute. Group rates available! Contact Charlotte at email@example.com for more information!
Wednesdays 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturdays 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Saturday, November 9, 2019 – Cancelled!
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 – Register here!
- Saturday, January 18th, 2020 – Register here!
- Wednesday, Februrary 12th, 2020 – Register here!
- Saturday, March 14th, 2020 – Register here!
- Wednesday, April 8th, 2020 – Register here!
- Saturday, May 9th, 2020 – Register here!
- Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 – Register here!
- Saturday, July 11th, 2020 – Register here!
- Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 – Register here!
- Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 – Register here!
- Saturday, September 12th, 2020 – Register here!
- Saturday, October 17th, 2020 – Register here!
- Saturday, November 14th, 2020 – Register here!
- Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 – Register here!
Contact Charlotte @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a private training session for your group/organization!
**Please double check the registration page when registering to find out the location of your training!**
Charlotte Tankersley, B.A., Certified QPR Instructor
Find out more about Charlotte on our Meet The Team page!
Find out more about our trained gatekeepers on our Meet The Team page!
We know that suicide is a difficult subject that has affected many of us. Your instructor is both a suicide loss survivor and attempt survivor and understands that every individual’s experiences with suicide are unique. Great care is made to ensure that the training environment is a safe space for everyone to learn. Someone is available to provide support during the training, and Charlotte will be available to speak with you after the workshop (she is always the last one to leave), and she will also help connect you with the resources to provide additional needed support after the training.
If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal or is in crisis: please contact Colorado Crisis Services at 844-493-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 38255. You can also reach them at www.coloradocrisisservices.org. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255), contact the Crisis Text Line by texting HOPE to 741-741 or visit www.imalive.org for online text chat. Don’t give up fighting, please reach out. Hope and help are available 24/7/365.